What is Body Mass Index (BMI)?
BMI is a measure of a person’s
weight relative to his or her height. It is determined by dividing the
weight (in Kilograms) by the square of the height (in Meters).
How to use this BMI Calculator
- First enter your weight in Kilograms (Kg)
- Then enter your height in Centimeters (cm)
- Click on the Calculate BMI button
- Your BMI will be displayed in the textbox
- Click on the Reset button to clear values
- This calculator is only valid for adults. To get accurate results for your child or teenager, you should use growth charts.
What do my BMI results mean?
- BMI below 18.5 (Underweight): your body weight is lower than the weight range that is considered healthy
- BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 (Normal): your body weight is ideal for your height
- BMI between 25 and 29.9 (Overweight): your body weight is greater than the weight range that is considered healthy for your height
- BMI of 30 or more (Obese): you’ve too much body fat which is associated with an increased risk of developing health complications. Read more on Obesity here.